1) It is your responsibility to
arrange in advance for a responsible adult to remain with you at
the Surgery Center of Lancaster during your procedure, drive you
home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You
cannot drive yourself, be left alone, or leave the facility in a
2) Please bathe or shower prior to your surgery. Remove all makeup and fingernail polish. Do not use lotions or oils after bathing.
3) Wear loose, comfortable clothing such as sweat suits and easy-to-button shirts or blouses that are big enough to accommodate a large bandage after surgery. Wear comfortable shoes.
4) Leave all valuables, including jewelry and cash, at home. We cannot be responsible for damaged or lost property.
5) A nurse will provide you with a patient gown. A locker will be provided to secure your clothing. We will also check your temperature, blood pressure and pulse and ask you to empty your bladder before your surgery.
6) If our schedule permits, our nurses may allow one family member to wait with you after you have been prepared for surgery. We must provide for all our patient’s privacy, so this may not be possible.