1) Please be sure to follow the preadmission testing guidelines that you receive at your physician’s office. You will be contacted by a nurse from our center, and/or may be asked to come into the center for a preoperative anesthesia assessment.
PATIENT PRE-OP INSTRUCTIONS
AND EATING INSTRUCTIONS
2) You should have nothing to eat after 12:00 Midnight. You may drink clear liquids up until two hours before
arrival time (water, apple juice, clear soda, black coffee or tea - no milk or sugar). You should not chew gum or eat candy. Breast milk may be consumed up until four hours before surgery. Infant formula may be consumed up until six hours before surgery.
3) Do not take oral hypoglycemics & diuretics the morning of surgery.
4) All other blood pressure, cardiac, and respiratory medications should be taken per your normal routine the morning of surgery with a sip of water.
5) Discontinue ingesting all herbal products two weeks prior to your surgery.
6) Call your family physician regarding instructions for insulin or anticoagulant therapy.
7)To start the pre-operative surgical assessment process, the Surgery Center of Lancaster requests that you fill out your medical history online with One Medical Passport. We recommend that you enter your medical history as soon as your surgery has been scheduled. Once you do this, our Pre-Operative Assessment Nurse will be able to access the information you entered online. This information will assist the nurse in organizing and documenting you complete medical history to prepare for your surgery.
Please be certain to have the following information available prior to starting your One Medical Passport:
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of your primary care physician and any specialists.
- A list of all medications you are currently taking, including their dosage and frequency.
- A list of surgical procedures you have ever had.
- The name of the surgeon who will be performing your upcoming procedure.
At the end of the data entry process you will be prompted to select your preoperative instructions based on the type of anesthesia your surgeon said you will have. Please select and print the instructions, and have them available to refer to when our nurse calls you before your surgery. You may want to make some notes during this phone call.
Online Pre-Surgical History Instructions
Once you have gathered your information, please click on the blue bar below to begin the process.