1) Before you leave the Center, you will be given written instructions for your care at home.
2) If you have not already scheduled a post operative appointment prior to your surgery, you will need to call your surgeon’s office to schedule one.
3) After you have returned home, be sure to follow your doctor’s orders regarding diet, rest, medication and activity. Unless directed otherwise, you should start your diet with clear liquids. In four to six hours you can begin to eat solid foods. By the next day, you should be back to your normal diet. It is not unusual to feel a little sleepy, lightheaded or dizzy for several hours after your operation. Do not sign any important papers or make any significant decisions for at least 24 hours.
4) If you have any questions or problems after surgery, please contact your doctor.
5) A nurse from the Surgery Center of Lancaster will phone you the day after your surgery to see how you are and answer any additional questions you might have.
6) Do not drive a car, smoke, drink alcoholic beverages or operate machinery for 24 hours after surgery.